Tony Ray’s Aero Models Fokker Dr.1
Balsa Laser Cut Kit for Radio Control
This kit is an R/C model of the Fokker Dr.1, often known simply as the Fokker Triplane, which was a World War I fighter aircraft built by Fokker-Flugzeugwerke. The Dr.1 saw widespread service in the spring of 1918. It became famous as the aircraft in which Manfred von Richthofen gained his last 19 victories, and in which he was killed on 21 April 1918. The kit comes with all the parts and components displayed in the gallery photo.
The model can also be converted to rubber powered free flight for those with appropriate model building skills.
Finally, the kit can be built as a great looking static display model.
Wingspan: 358mm (14.1″)
Length: 280mm (11.02″)
Average Flying Weight: 48g
A PDF copy of the building instructions is available. Please provide your email address so we can send you a copy of the instruction manual after purchase.
Radio Control Operation:
Recommended parts/equipment for Fokker Dr.1 (Not included. Please click on links for parts available in the FlyBoyz Store.):
- Super-Micro Motor/Gearbox/Prop Set
- 1.7g Micro Servo (2 each, 3 if flown 4-channel with ailerons)
- Mini 1g DSM2 Receiver
- Battery: 1S 3.7V 250mAh LiPo (Max)
- Transmitter: 2.4G 4CH Transmitter
- This makes a great model for donor R/C equipment you may have from other UMX aircraft, such as the electronics used in Ares, Fly Zone, Park Zone or E-Flite.
Optional Parts (Not included. Please click on links for parts available in the FlyBoyz Store.):