Tony Ray’s Aero Models RAF SE5a
Balsa Laser Cut Kit for Radio Control
This kit is an R/C model of the RAF SE5a which was a British biplane fighter aircraft of the First World War. It was one of the fastest aircraft of the war, while being both stable and relatively maneuverable. According to aviation author Robert Jackson, the S.E.5 was: “the nimble fighter that has since been described as the ‘Spitfire of World War One'”. The kit comes with all the parts and components displayed in the gallery photo.
The model can also be converted to rubber powered free flight for those with appropriate model building skills.
Finally, the kit can be built as a great looking static display model.
Wingspan: 480mm (18.9″)
Length: 300mm (11.81″)
Average Flying Weight: 48g
A PDF copy of the building instructions is available. Please provide your email address so we can send you a copy of the instruction manual after purchase.
Radio Control Operation:
Recommended parts/equipment for RAF SE5a (Not included. Please click on links for parts available in the FlyBoyz Store.):
- Super-Micro Motor/Gearbox/Prop Set
- 1.7g Micro Servo (2 each, 3 if flown 4-channel with ailerons)
- Mini 1g DSM2 Receiver
- Battery: 1S 3.7V 250mAh LiPo (Max)
- Transmitter: 2.4G 4CH Transmitter
- This makes a great model for donor R/C equipment you may have from other UMX aircraft, such as the electronics used in Ares, Fly Zone, Park Zone or E-Flite.
Optional Parts (Not included. Please click on links for parts available in the FlyBoyz Store.):